Thursday, August 19, 2010


Fresh A.I.R. (Artists in Recovery) Gallery will feature Every Little Bit, the photography and journal work of Andrea Dawson-Johnston opening on July 28, 2010.

Andrea says “My art work tends to focus on the duality of my life, my disorders, my physical appearance and the complex nature of self that I project to the world. My work is my voice when there are no words; it is my face behind the mask. I enjoy working with many forms of media, but I find digital photography and journaling equal favorites; grounding me with solid, tangible evidence that this moment happened.”

Join us for the opening reception, July 28 from 5:30-7:00 p.m. The reception is free and open to the public. Fresh A.I.R. Gallery is located at the corner of W. Long and N. High at 131 N. High St. Columbus, Ohio 43215. The telephone number is 614.744.8110. Gallery hours are Monday – Friday from 8:00 am – 5:30 pm. The exhibition will run through September 3, 2010.

Fresh A.I.R. Gallery’s mission is to exhibit the works of these individuals affected by mental illness and/or substance abuse disorders. Through art, we educate the community and work to break down the stigma of mental illness by bringing focus to the artistic vision.

Opening Reception:
Wednesday July 28, 2010
5:30pm - 7:00pm


131 N. High Street
Columbus, OH 43215
614.744.8110
Map »


Gallery hours:
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m - 5:30 p.m.

No comments: