Sunday, January 24, 2010




Fresh A.I.R. Gallery presents

A Day in the Life of Charlottesville

Artwork by Charlotte McGraw

January 27 — March 5, 2010

A Day in the Life of Charlottesville is artwork created by Charlotte McGraw. Charlotte says as she creates work and simultaneously weaves a story giving the viewer a small glimpse into the lives of her creations. “The creatures I create all live in my town “Charlottesville” a modern day “Winesburg Ohio” where I am the permanent mayor. I learn many things about myself while I make an image. Some of the little monsters scare me, some make me laugh, and others I empathize with. I see much of myself in each creature that makes my town their home. Most come from backgrounds that make them feel isolated, invisible and some have even called themselves “misfits.” When someone comes to my town they are given a voice, a job, and a family, everything else is icing on the cake. Since I’m the mayor/creator of this town I like the idea of having such a major influence on their lives, I think the words getting around because the town just keeps growing. Each person has their story.” Charlotte is a United Cerebral Palsy Art Bridge Studio artist.

Opening Reception:
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
5:30-7:00 p.m.
Receptions are free and open to the public


131 N. High Street
Columbus, OH 43215
614.744.8110
Map »


Gallery hours:
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m - 5:30 p.m.


PR Contact:
Myken Lint Pullins, (614) 225-0980








http://www.southeastinc.com/fresh_air.php

No comments: